Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Little Corner of the World...

Over the past couple of weeks instead of posting, I have been diligently working on my new scrapbook area. Some of you may know that my "little area" was an unfinished part of our basement with no sunlight. Well, I have emerged from the darkness into our downstairs finished basement. I am so excited as I can look out three windows into our backyard which backs up to the woods. What a great source of inspiration...the outdoors. I can also watch the kids from this area.

Last fall my dear husband bought me an antique maps cabinet, that his company was getting rid of, for my scrapbooking supplies. Within the past weeks, I have been organizing and reorganizing to make my area just so. After getting all of the drawers filled, I finally realized I do have a lot supplies. Some of these papers I have not seen since we moved two years ago. It does pay to have all the papers in one area, as I have forgotten were I had all of them. I guess I will not be hitting the scrapbook store anytime soon. Tee! Hee!

My dear brother-in-law, Ken, came and put up my new embellishment center. It is not all full yet, however give it time. It will be full soon. Thank you Ken!


I would like to add curtains to my three windows and add a few "crafty decorations" around my new area, but that will come with time. I am the kind of person that will wait until I find the perfect item before just putting something up to fill the space. So until then, my little "world" is coming together quite nicely.

1 comment:

Leah C said...

What a great scrap space you've got there:) The antique map cabinet is wonderful...lucky you!