Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bitter Sweet Moments


Sunday we celebrated Father's Day dinner with my dad. We gifted him with beautiful pictures of his 8 grandkids to hang in his home. When he saw these pictures, immediately the tears started to flow (like father; like daughter). I could see that in his tears, there was tears of joy and sadness with the death of our mom.

At the end of the night, it was heartbreaking to leave you knowing you were all alone. I wish I could take away all your pain and loneliness; however I can't. But, just remember that we love you!

2 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Well said...

So great to shop at Vintiques with you this afternoon! It was a wonderful treat!!!

Leah C said...

Your Dad is very blessed to have such loving daughters...you will be the strength he needs on some days. I still find it difficult to leave my Dad alone & I live right next door. Hugs to you...