Saturday, September 12, 2009

Neighborhood Picnic

This year, three homes in our culd-a-sac went on the market. With the down turn in the economy, we thought that it would take a long time to turn these homes. However much to our surprise and excitement, all three house turned over within a few months of being on the market.

With the turn over, we gain new neighbors and friends. With the hustle of todays world, our usual mode of communications with our neighbors is a wave or quick hello. However tonight we had a picnic to get together. It was such a fun time getting to know each other. We have "empty nesters", "teen age" parents, and newby families. All of us brought together by our love of the area and neighborhood. This evening brought so many memories of our parties we would have with our neighbors...where us kids played and the "grown-ups" talked (now the roles have changed and I am the grown up).

We are so blessed to live in the US and in our little corner of the world with great neighbors and caring friends!

3 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and got to meet some wonderful new people. I wish our neighborhood block would do that.

Leah C said...

Now that's what I call being neighborly! I can recall some block parties from my childhood...lots of fun:)

Leah C said...

It's me again...letting you know I chose you for a fun lil' award! Please see my blog for details if you want to play along:)