Saturday, December 5, 2009

24 Hours and Counting

Yes, it is true! Only 24 hours until our annual Christmas ornament exchange and I am finally done. I have known since August what I was doing; however at 2 pm sharp on Friday I completed my ornaments.



This year the ornaments that I chose to make are in honor my 2nd mother. She became my mom when she married my dad 38 years ago. She was there to wipe a tear away, to give a hug, to be a friend, to love us when we were with our Dad. She was an angel that fought a hard battle with pancreatic and liver cancer for 2 1/2 years





Mom was always knitting blankets for the Liberty ball players, new babies and her own children and grandchildren. So it was only right in honoring her this year. These ornaments (not traditional colors) are reimants of her yarn that she had...bright blue for Liberty colors, baby blue and pink for baby blankets.

So these ornaments will adorn my tree in honor of a very special angel that was brought home to live with our Lord.

1 comment:

Leah C said...

Wonderful ornaments...such a beautiful & loving tribute to your "other mother":) I bet she is smiling up there in Heaven!