Friday, September 5, 2008

Not One but Two Student Council Girls

A few weeks ago, Shelby made the decision to run for Student Council Vice President (which was not surprising as she has been on STUCO for a couple years...she is our more outgoing, social girl). The day after Shelby said she wanted to run, Shannon decided that she want to run for her class representitive. I was a little apprehensive, since Shannon has been our shy, reserved girl. Shannon and I worked on her speech and she practiced each night. I was so excited that she was gaining more confidence, but worried that if she did not get elected she would be "crushed".

Today was elections at school for Student Council. Shelby won Vice President and Shannon (our shy girl) won her 3rd grade Class Representitive. Way to go girls! I am so proud of you!

2 comments:

Leah C said...

Congratulations to both your girls! You must be so proud:) Last year, Reilly surprised me by trying for & getting elected to StuCo...she's our shy girl. Guess it just goes to show we shouldn't underestimate our daughters!

Sheila Rumney said...

Good job girls! I am so proud of you guys!

Love,

Aunt Sheila