Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma


Today, my Grandmother Long celebrated her 90th birthday with family and friends.


In her life time, she has witnessed so many things: 3 births of her own, her husband early death (when I was 16), the birth of her grandchildren and great grandchildren, the death of her daughter and son within a month and a half.


My Grandmother is truly remarkable. When growing up, we became her granddaughter's when my Dad married her daughter. She included Sheila and I as her own grandchildren and also gave gifts to my sister Shawna (which belonged to my mom and "other" dad). Grandmother Long has set an example for us to follow: one of faith and family. I only hope that when I am a Grandmother, my grandchildren will remember me as a loving, faith and family centered individual.


Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma!

2 comments:

Leah C said...

Wishing your dear Grandma a happy 90th birthday...and a year ahead filled with happiness, not sorrow.

Karen Valentine said...

WooHoo!!! Party day is just a week away! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's creative spaces. I have a request... I thought it would be easier for everyone to leave comments if we all turned off comment moderation and word verification during the day (or maybe week) of the party. To do that, go to customize, settings, comments...then scroll down to turn off comment moderation and word verification.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week. See you next Friday!!

P.S. Happy Birthday to your Grandma!!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage