Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Where oh where have you been?

Boy, time has flown and I have not had to time blog!

Last Wednesday, I surprised a dear friend of mine with a birthday celebration. She was turning 4o...oops according to her 39 and holding. I told her my car would not start and asked her if she could pick up my kids from school (just a little white lie to get her here). Boy was she surprised! I made her a flip album of pictures from the last 2 years of "play dates" we had with the kids. She loved it and I loved doing it as it brought back wonderful memories of our families together.

Friday brought the opportunity of a life time. I was able to help scrapbook pages for a Marine and his family that received an Extreme Makeover. If you know me well, life stops at my house to watch the Extreme Makeover show (it is the only show on tv that I watch religiously). This was such a rewarding experience to help out someone in need. Thank you to my sister, Sheila, for including me in this wonderful experience!

Friday night I went with my sister, Sheila, to the holiday open house at 2SS. I had so much fun spending time with my sister and making "make and takes". After she got off work, we went to view the Extreme Makeover house (that we helped in making an album). Boy was it EXTREME! I was warmed by all the volunteers that help change this man and his families life and I was so blessed to be a small part of this experience. Thanks sis for an unforgetable evening.

The next morning, we went to Lowe's for our bi-weekly wood working project. The kids love the experience and I enjoy the one-on-one time with them. After returning, the kids and I started our holiday decorating. Yes you read it right, I have set up two of my three trees. At our house putting up Christmas takes a good two days (none of which I have right in a row). So, I plan to finish this coming weekend.

Sunday is family day! We started with a homemade breakfast of sausage and waffles, then headed to church. After church we headed home to bar-b-que brats with my side of the family. While the guys and Mom watched the Chiefs, Sheila and I worked on our stocking swap. This is my first attempt at swaping, so I hope my swap partner enjoys it.

All three kids went to school on Tuesday and I had an opportunity to do a little of Christmas shopping and volunteering in the lunch room. After school, our youngest daughter had an interview with Father for her prepareness on receiving the sacrament of First Reconciliation. I think I might have been more nervous than she was, but I won't tell. Great job sweetheart! Afterwards we went to McTeacher night...no cooking at my house!

Today, I am hosting our prayer group at my house. I can't wait!

So as you can see a stay-at-home mom, doesn't stay at home much!

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

I just love getting caught up and reading your blog! I know that we talk everyday but it is fun to read too! Love you sis,

Sheila