Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween brought out our fireman, witch and diva cowgirl. This year was special as well had our dear friends (Molly, Cindy, and the Rameriz Family) over for trick-or-treating at our house. The kids had a great time trick-or-treating; however I believe the younger kids had more fun handing out candy. Our trick-or-treaters did not have the opportunity to ring our door bell as our candy distributors, were out the door before they reached our sidewalk yelling "more customers coming". The joy in their eyes were priceless!

Yesterday, I substituted at school. I am truly enjoying this role! I only wished that I had majored in education. I believe I missed my true calling, helping children learn. It is very rewarding teaching children. Maybe one day I will take the "plung" and go back to college to get my masters in education. Until then though, I have found my calling as a guest teacher.

Today, we went to the Peace Pavillion, in Independence. This place is a wonderful experience for kids and adults. They get to play, create and learn how to work out conflict peacefully. It teaches that no matter our color or race, we are all one. If you ever have the opportunity to go, don't miss this experience!

This afternoon, our oldest daughter and I went to set up for our school auction. Yes, this year I didn't have to set up since I didn't have a section. However, somehow my spirits are lifted when I can help our school out, so there I was! Tomorrow is the big event, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

Can't wait to see some pictures! Hopefully you are enjoying blogging! Love, your sis.