Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday Surprise


Yesterday, my twin sister and I turned 41! Yes, 41! I am not one to get caught up on the age thing. I am proud to be one year older because the alternative is not one I want. I have a lot more living to do! However in the same breath, when I was a teenage I thought 40 was old; however I don't feel old. I still feel young!
Today was filled with loving phone calls wishing me a happy birthday and a lunch with my friends. However the biggest surprise was on me. My dear friend Mirella and planned this event months before with my Mom and Dad. Mirella had prepared a delicious authentic mexican fiesta complete with flan. She arranged to have them surprise me with this dinner. So what I had envisioned of a nice quiet evening at home, turned out to be a celebration with my sister, Shawna, my neice Becca, my nephew Carson, my Mom and Dad and my family. It was such a special gift from my dear friend! Thanks Mirella for a gift from your heart. Thank you to my sister and parents for coming to dinner. Thank you to my kids for the gorgeous homemade cards. Thanks to my wonderful husband for planning this and surprising me! I LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

Sounds like you had a wonderfully fun time! Sorry I couldn't have been in on the Mexican feast - sure sounds good! Janna had her winter choir performance and it was just heaven hearing all the young voices singing Christmas songs so beautifully. Love, you!