Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Celebrate Life

This weekend was especially emotional for me. On Sunday, I went to a visitation of a family friend. Kelsey was only 18 years old, a senior in high school and so full of life. She lovingly helped my girls with swimming lessons each summer. Last Wednesday night in the snow storm, Kelsey lost control of our car, hit a truck and God decided to take her home. When I hugged her mom, her words to me was to tell your kids every day you love them and hug them tight. Her words touched my heart. No matter what my kids will experience a big hug and "I love you" daily.

On Monday, Sheila and I met our friend Leneve for dinner. Leneve has been fighting cancer off and on for years. It has come back and she is fight for her life again. We had such a wonderful time catching up and laughing about the good times. Leneve you are a true inspiration to me. You have such a strong faith and continue to celebrate life even when you are hurting so.

We don't know when God will call us home. After reflecting on these last couple of days, I realize now more than ever to tell your family and friends you love them daily, to trust in God and to celebrate the life you are given.

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

That is so true. I Love you so much Sis! Here is a big hug coming your way!