Monday, July 14, 2008

Treasured Moments for One Tired Mom

Over the past week, we have had 2 slumber parties, dinner with friends, a Royals game, sitting up for Vacation Bible School, swimming, horseback riding, mowing the lawn, the daily up keep of the house, exercise and keeping the kids from fighting. It is mid-summer and I am looking forward to a break from the hectic pace; however I don't have one in site until the end of the week. Thank heavens!

Today, I was able to sit and watch the kids play with their cousins in the pool. Shannon jumped off the diving board and swam to the side all by herself. Shelby mastered her surface dive and perfecting her strokes. Grant is jumping of the side of the pool without a life jacket, diving for rocks on the steps and jumping off the board with his life jacket. Just a few short weeks they were all saying "I can't"; however they can now. Yes, life as a full time mom can be very draining and sometimes you don't feel appreciated. However moments like these I will treasure!

3 comments:

Leah C said...

I agree, being a full-time mom is soooo exhausting; but it's also soooo rewarding:) Enjoy your treasured moments! Hope you get some rest soon:)

Sheila Rumney said...

Yes, motherhood can be very exhausting - even for us working moms! Enjoy it while you can!

Lisa P said...

Sherri, what a beautiful blog you have created. (or Sheila has created) Thank you for inviting me. I would also like to start one but I worry I won't be able to keep it up. You have inspired me maybe you will see a blog from me soon. It's a great way to keep up with each others lives when you don't have time to e-mail everyone. Maybe we can do lunch when the kids go back to school.