Saturday, August 23, 2008

Last Official Day of Summer Break



On Friday, August 14, we spent our last full day of summer break with cousins and friends. We woke up early to go horseback riding with Janna, Connor, Dustin and Lexi. Both of my girls trotted on Bud and Casey. They played move the bucket from one barrel to the next (like I did when I was a kid). I am so proud of my kids and their accomplishments on become more confident on the horses.

Later we met the Albertson's (Melissa, Ellie and Lucas) at the park to watch a magic show. Due to a newspaper miss print, we ended up at the park 2 hours early; however we had a wonderful time watching the kids play on the playground. It rained just a little so we could get great pictures of Shannon & Ellie "singing in the rain". Grant and Lucas played on the monkey bars. By the end of the night Grant & Lucas had them mastered. Shelby enjoyed reading her book until the magic show. Melissa also introdued my kids to Pop Rocks. I didn't even know they still made them; however it brought wonderful memories of my childhood. The kids enjoyed the magic show and after 2 hours of magic, the magician handled out glow sticks. What a great way to end our fabulous summer!




2 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Sounds like fun! I didn't realize that they still made pop rocks either.... how fun!

Sheila Rumney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.