Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Woes of a Working Mother

I work very part time; however yesterday Grant came into the cafe. He had been crying and complaining of a tummy ache. I settled him down and sent him back to class. The next lunch period, Shannon came in crying. I went to talk to her and she was complaining that she was not feeling good. I felt her forhead and she was warm, so up to the nurse we went. The nurse confirmed she had a fever of 101 degrees. Great! I called Grandpa to see if he could pick her up. He said yes and I sighed a sigh of relief. By the time Grandpa picked up Shannon, I made the decision to send home Grant (just in case he was really sick).

What is the luck that my kids would get sick the day I was working at school? The woes of a working mom...even us part timers!

~note to mom - Shannon was sick; Grant was pretending!~

3 comments:

Leah C said...

So sorry to hear Shannon wasn't feeling well...hope she's all better:) Do you think Grant just wanted an excuse to see his Mama?!

Sheila Rumney said...

Isn't it great to have Grandpa!! They both are livesavers for us "working" moms! Boy, does Grant know how to work his mama!!

Sheila Rumney said...

I hope Shannon is feeling better!