Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Daze


It is hard to believe that summer is over and my kids are starting back to school. Grant is in 1st grade; Shannon is in 4th grade and Shelby is in 8th grade. It is a little bitter sweet as this will be the last year that they will all be together at the same school.
*
Grant and Shannon were up at the crack-of-dawn excited for the first day. Shelby on the other had was had to be woke up. I fixed them "ABC" and "123" chocolate chip pancakes with fruit and milk (our tradition).
*
Then off to school with MiMi, your Dad and me snapping pictures of them entering school. Shelby, you were so upset with us for taking pictures. You are at the age that it is not cool for you to be in pictures. I hope one day you appreciate the pictures I did take.
*
Grant was excited to see all of his friends; Shannon loves her teacher/school and Shelby enjoyed socializing with her friends. So all-in-all their first day was a success! As for me, I am a little "dazed" that my kids are all back in school.

3 comments:

Leah C said...

Summer sure slipped by fast...hope your 3 kiddos have a wonderful school year! And how about Miss Riley; does she miss the kids while they're away all day?

Sheila Rumney said...

Just look at those smiles! Summer slipped by too fast!

Stephenie said...

YOur kids are sooooo cute.. What a sweet picture of them..
STephenie