Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cherished Memories

This week, I had a lunch "date" with our son. I let him choose the place, which ended up being KFC (not my favorite...but I agreed). Much to my surpise when I got up to the cashier to order my food, so many wonderful memories flooded my mind.

When I was child, my grandparents lived in a RV. They traveled the country in the cold months and made "camp" in the summer in a small town north of us. This town had a KFC. On special occassions, we would drive to town and pick up a bucket of chicken, mashed potatoes and biscuits complete with butter and honey. I remember the velvet smooth potatoes with a touch of spice to the brown grave, the crispy, mouth water chicken and delicious creamy buscuit with sweet honey...yum yum!

We devoured our lunch (not the most healthy) but delicious. I took the time to tell Grant about the memories I had with Grandma and Grandaddy Great. Hopefully I am sitting up memories that will last a lifetime like the ones my grandparents did. Thanks Grant for a fabulous lunch date and for bringing back those cherished moments!

2 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

What a wonderful time spent together with Grant.... These are the ones he'll remember.

Leah C said...

Cherished memories, indeed! And I bet Grant will look back with fondness of his lunch dates with Mama:)