Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Step Back in Time

This past week, the kids and I spent time with MiMi my mother-in-law. She lives in an old farm home with one bathroom, one tv and no computer in a small town in north Missouri with a population of around 2000. Yes, our teenage daughter thought it was a drag with no computer, no cell phone coverage and only one tv. However we did manage to have fun.

Shannon & Grant spent their days catching butterflies (and even a frog), hunting lighting bugs, playing catch and swinging on MiMi's front porch swing.

A couple of afternoons, we all went to the lake to swim and to tub....something Shelby really enjoyed. Mom also got on the tub this year; however no pictures were taken of me on the tub with Grant.

Another afternoon, I was able to get out by myself to go Jamesport over to go antique shopping and go to the Amish store to purchase seasonings/baked goods. It was a wonderful time as I have been going to since my husband and I were dating (22 years ago). Not much has changed (except for a few less shops) which is wonderful to set back in time.


Thanks MiMi for a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Leah C said...

Sometimes I long for "simpler days"...filled with good ol' fashioned fun:)