Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Falling Leaves

We are truly blessed to have nature right out side our back window. Today it was "raining" leaves! I so enjoyed watching the leaves fall off the trees. This season we jumped right into fall, not much of an opportunity to enjoy the windows being up. We went from air conditioning to heat. The colors of the season didn't seem so vivid as years past. I so enjoy the burnt red and oranges; however the woods behind our house was vues of yellow with still a few green leaves.

These evening we cooked out on our grill, since the weather was so nice and brisk. It might be our last time this season.

Also,the kids and I carved our pumpkin. Doesn't he look jolly! It brought back memories of my childhood, when my dad would sit us down and carve ours. It was such a delight to see our pumpkin turn into our jack-o-lantern. Thanks Dad for all the wonderful memories! I now know why I let the kids create such a mess and don't mind the clean up...the kids having fun is why!

We pulled out the pumpkin seeds this year and hope to plant them this spring. I would love to have a small pumpkin patch next year in our wonderful backyard. We'll see if I can accomplish this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, what nice family memories you have! Thanks so much for joining my swap. Who is your sister? Please send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail your partner to you on Nov. 6th! Happy Hauntings!

Sandy :O)

SL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.